St. Joseph’s National School is a Catholic School under the patronage of the Bishop of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise and is committed to providing a holistic education in an atmosphere which respects individual rights. Each child will be encouraged to achieve his/her full potential in partnership with parents, community and the environment. While St. Joseph’s N.S. is a school with a Catholic ethos, it also has due recognition for all other religions.
Aims of the School:
1. To promote justice and equality and fair treatment for our pupils and allow them to achieve the levels of self-respect and success they deserve.
2. To provide a curriculum which affords each child the highest level of academic attainment consonant with his/her ability.
3. To provide a safe and welcoming place for all school members so as to foster confidence and a sense of self-worth.
4. To develop in each child, creativity, inventiveness and adaptability.
5. To foster in each pupil attitudes leading to spiritual fulfilment and sound moral values.
6. To develop an awareness of the environment and a respect for it.